Thursday, September 20, 2012

Congratulations!


Are you newly engaged? Do you have a hunch you will be soon? Were you recently given the honour of being asked to be a bridesmaid (or groomsman)? Or, are you like me and just have a huge love for weddings and planning events in general?

If you're a 20-something in any of these situations then you've most likely wondered this question: "how on earth does someone plan and pay for a wedding along with student loan debt, car loan debt, rent/mortgage payments, insurance, etc...?" Well I find myself pondering this question a lot more often than I care to admit... (shh, don't tell my boyfriend!) I figure the day will come for me eventually - hopefully - so why not start researching cost-efficient ideas now?

I've been the flower girl, I've been the guest, I've been the bridesmaid, I've been the planner - weddings are expensive. Follow me as I investigate economical (not "cheap"!) ways to plan the classy, fairytale wedding of your dreams on a 20-something's budget.







A little bit about me:

I am a 24 year old Laurentian University bachelor of business administration student. I have graduated from Niagara College twice - from the 3 year advanced college diploma International Business program and from the graduate certificate Public Relations program. For the duration of the PR program I worked at Niagara College as the asisstant to the event planner. I also completed an internship at the Niagara Historical Society and Museum as the event planner for multiple events. I have planned and organized many private events over the last 8 years, including cosmetic "make-over" birthday parties at the Real Canadian Superstore and my highschool senior prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment